Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Ode to the Weekend....

Jody and I loved having Kerri in town for the weekend and we were sad to send her back to CO. The 3 days she was here were pretty low key, but we managed to sneak in a little shopping and lots of food. That's a good vacation in my book! Here are my top 10 highlights of the weekend...

  1. This amazing 5 year memory book from Kerri. I love the vintage look of the binding and the gold writing. Thank you sweet friend!
  2. Eating $1 cinnamon rolls before we conquered the "Ikea Maze". I think I found a chest of drawers that will look good in our little guys room.
  3. Celebrating Suzie's 25th birthday at Cafe Soriah. The chef accidentally flung butter on Jody's jacket so they gave us a free bottle of wine.
  4. Pimento Cheese Sandwiches. We combined the recipe from Paula Dean and Garden & Gun....delicious!
  5. Finding some new maxi dresses at Forever 21. I'm looking forward to spending the summer months in long flowy dresses instead of restricting pants.
  6. First cookout of the spring/summer at Lauren & Andrew's. It's one of my favorite parts of the longer, warmer months.
  7. Making rice crispy treats. Kerri's recipe calls for exactly 37 large marshmallows and they are perfect every time.
  8. Brunch at Cafe 440. They make the most delicious grits!!! (That's quite the compliment coming from a southern gal)
  9. Sweet surprises in the mail for the firecracker. Thank you Camilla and Aunt Becca!
  10. Burgerville.....twice! We don't have one in Eugene so we take full advantage when we're in Portland.
  11. 7 out of 10 have something to do with food......told you we ate a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs