Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Compassion International

This is Pedro and he is our sponsor child through Compassion International. I melt every time I look at his precious face and tear up thinking that he lives in such poverty. Lately I have really felt God place a burden on my heart for Pedro. I pray often for a child and I truly believe that God is showing me that we can impact a child's life while we wait on His perfect timing. I encourage everyone {with or without children} to consider sponsoring a child through Compassion. I also ask that you pray for Pedro and his Grandparents, who currently raise him, that our monthly gift will help feed, clothe, and show him the love of Christ.
With Love,

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious how you were led to Compassion Int'l. BooMama (another blog I read) is a big supporter of theirs, so I was wondering if it was via her blog or through another route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church encouraged us to give to their Haiti relief fund after the earthquake.....that was the first time I actually went to the Compassion site. They are a Christian based relief organization so they not only try to release children from poverty but also expose them to the love of Christ. I also like them because they put all their financial records online. You can see exactly how much they are spending on helping children.....it's very transparent.
    I just noticed today that Pioneer Woman also has a link to Compassion on her site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compassion is headquarted in Colorado Springs. My best girlfriend Jennifer from elementary school works there. She was in Haiti one week before the earthquake doing work. They do greaet things!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs