Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day #6 & A Heavy Heart

FEB 6 - WORSHIP WITH YOUR SPOUSE
There are few things that make me feel as close to my husband as going to church on Sunday morning. Knowing that we start our week worshiping together, with focus on what is truly important in our lives, has become an essential part of our marriage.

A HEAVY HEART
This is my dear friend Austin and his wife Beth. Austin and I were both in the same program in college and he was a huge encouragement when I was terrified about taking a job in Colorado after graduation. Austin was also a huge comfort when my father passed away, listening for hours as I struggled to deal with the loss.
In his early 20's, Austin was in a severe car accident that almost took his life and left him without a spleen. Yesterday I found out that he had come down with a flu-like virus, that his body couldn't fight, and he passed away.
I'm honestly in a state of shock and my heart is truly broken.........for the loss of my friend, for Austin's beautiful wife and for the pain his family is going through.
I so often don't understand why God makes the choices he does, but I just have to continue to believe in his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs